Natural gas at home
A NOTE TO CONSUMERS ON THE SAFE USE OF NATURAL GAS IN RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS
The owner (balance holder and / or tenant) is responsible for the technical condition and safe use of the gas pipelines, gas equipment, smoke and ventilation ducts and must ensure maintenance of its own gas supply system in accordance with current legislation of Ukraine. Distribution of natural gas to the population is carried out exclusively on the basis of a relevant agreement concluded between the consumer and the natural gas supplier and the Gas Distribution Network Operator (hereinafter – GDN Operator) PrJSC “Ternopilgaz”, by signing a connection application by the consumer. Maintenance of internal gas pipelines, gas-using equipment and gas equipment is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the operating documentation of gas-using equipment manufacturers and the contract for maintenance of the domestic gas supply system of the household consumer concluded with the business entity entitled to perform such works. If the owner does not provide maintenance, the gas supply system must be switched off.
The natural gas consumer is obliged to:
1. Be instructed on safe operation of gas equipment (provided by employees of the PrJSC “Ternopilgaz”);
2. Conclude a contract for maintenance of its own indoor gas supply system with organizations that have received the appropriate permit in accordance with the current legislation of Ukraine;
3. Ensure preservation and cleanliness of gas-using equipment;
4. When using the devices, to comply with the requirements of the documentation of the manufacturers of gas-using equipment;
5. Monitor the normal operation of gas-using equipment, chimneys and ventilation, check the draft before turning on and during the operation of gas appliances with the removal of combustion products in the chimney;
6. At the end of gas use, close the taps on gas appliances and in front of them;
7. In case of malfunction of gas-using equipment, call gas workers;
8. In case of a sudden cessation of gas supply, immediately close the taps of the burners of gas appliances and notify the emergency gas service by phone 104;
9. Before entering basements and cellars, before switching on the light or lighting a fire, make sure that there is no smell of gas.
10. At detection of a gas smell it is necessary to:
- notify the emergency gas service by phone 104;
- take measures to remove people from the gaseous environment to prevent the switching on and off of electric lighting, as well as the appearance of open flames and sparks;
- organize ventilation of the premises before the arrival of the brigade of emergency dispatch service.
11. The consumer is obliged to provide access to his own facilities of the representative of the GDN Operator according to their service certificate for the performance of official duties, in particular, for:
- inspections, localization and liquidation of gas leaks and emergencies;
- inspections, verifications and / or examinations of the commercial metering unit (gas meter), as well as verification of gas meters;
- performance of works on termination and restoration of gas supply.
12. Ensure inspection of smoke and ventilation ducts within the time limits established by the Rules of gas supply systems safety by a specialized organization that has a permit to perform these works. Ventilation ducts must be inspected and cleaned at the same time as the smoke ducts. In the absence of flues, the ventilation ducts must be inspected once a year. In winter, check the heads regularly to prevent them from icing and clogging.
Consumers are prohibited from:
- Carry out spontaneous gasification of the house (apartment), permutation, replacement, repair of gas-using equipment;
- Carry out re-planning of premises where gas appliances are installed, without coordination with the gas industry;
- Make changes in the design of gas appliances, smoke and ventilation systems;
- Seal ventilation ducts, wall up “pockets” and hatches designed for cleaning chimneys;
- It is forbidden to install exhaust ventilation with artificial induction in houses that are equipped with appliances and devices with the removal of combustion products in the chimneys;
- Switch off safety and regulation automation;
- Use gas in case of malfunction of gas appliances, automation, fittings and gas cylinders;
- Use gas at disturbance of density (cracks) of a laying, plaster of the gasified furnaces and chimneys;
- Use gas with clogged chimneys and ventilation ducts, malfunctions, icing and clogging of chimney heads;
- Use gas appliances with closed windows (transoms), no draft in the chimneys and ventilation ducts;
- Leave working gas appliances unattended, except for those designed for continuous operation, and equipped for this purpose with appropriate safety automation;
- Allow children of preschool age and persons, who do not control their actions, as well as those who have not been instructed in the gas industry to use gas appliances;
- Tie ropes and loads to gas pipelines;
- Use gas and gas appliances for other purposes. Use gas stoves for space heating;
- Use the premises where gas appliances are installed for sleep and rest;
- Use an open flame to detect gas leaks;
- Store empty and liquefied gas cylinders in rooms and basements.
If you smell gas in the room you need to:
- close the taps in front of the devices and on the devices themselves, on the gas pipeline in front of the meter;
- open windows or transoms to ventilate the room;
- not to allow open fire;
- not to turn on or off electric lighting and other electrical appliances;
- not to use electric bells and telephones;
- immediately notify the emergency gas service by phone 104, using the phone outside the gassed room.